Thursday, March 25, 2010

My first post

So, here is where it starts. It will be a pretty bleak one since I don't have a lot of time. My idea with this blog is to show off my thrifty shopping deals. My favorite place to shop are my 2 local thrift stores that support the mentally and physically challenged adults in our county. They provide them jobs and a source of revenue to keep the program going. It's a win win for everyone.

My first purchase to show off wasn't a thrift shop find at all, it was from Ebay. I just purchased a set of large tiki fork/spoon wall hangings. I got the idea from another blogger and went searching for a pair of my own. Ebay has been hit/miss with them but after a week of looking, I found one with a Buy it now and best offer button. I offered $15 and the seller accepted it. Yay for me. I'm sure I would eventually have found them at a thrift store but I didn't want to hold out for them.
So here they are..........THE BEFORE





Now, I have to wait for them to get here and hopefully soon, I'll have an after picture.

So scratch this one. I got them in the mail Saturday and they aren't big enough for the space I wanted to use. Went back to Ebay and bought another set but this one is 28". Can't wait for them to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment